Saturday, February 6, 2010

Making the Family Tree

Have you ever read Matthew 1? It's the genealogy of Jesus. Not exactly the most inspiring verses of the Bible (is that wrong to say?). That's why I was a disappointed to find Matthew 1 as my daily reading on the first day of my fast. I knew God was going to challenge me through this fast, but I didn't expect it to begin with genealogy. Yet this is what I found. . .

There amongst forty-two generations of fathers and sons, were five women: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Uriah's wife, and Mary. I couldn't help but wonder, what did these women do to make the family tree? I knew they must have done something significant to gain mention, but I was surprised to discover how different, yet inspiring, each of their stories was.

To be continued . . .

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear what you find out about these women! :)

    ReplyDelete