Friday, February 5, 2010

Making a Wise Investment

A couple of weeks ago my husband blogged about investments. He was not talking about monetary investments, but relational and spiritual investments. His words prompted me to think about what I am investing in, and to be honest, I was instantly convicted. After taking a long look at how I spend my time, I'm embarrassed to say that I spent more time on Facebook and Twitter than anything else. Sure, on the surface there is nothing wrong with these sites, but for me, they had become a distraction from investing in better things. So, I'm taking a break. I decided to fast from Facebook and Twitter, and instead focus my time and energy on my relationship with Christ, my relationship with my husband, and my relationship with those who have been placed in my life.

I invite you to join me on this journey as I share my thoughts, questions, struggles, and observations. I can't wait to see what God is going to do through this fast.

3 comments:

  1. Divina,

    I think that is a wonderful idea and it would be a great contribution to this world. I wonder if you are going to report things that go on or pray for people?
    By the way your baby is certainly beautiful and has two lucky parents. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing what goes on with your blog!
    Alison (Life Church - Mesa/Phoenix area)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love that your dipping your feet into the blogging world. I look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, I would love to pray for you. Please feel free to email me your prayer requests. divina.bruss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete