Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Day

“I know I still make mistakes, but you have new mercy for me everyday. Your love never fails.”

-Your Love Never Fails, Jesus Culture

The new year often brings new beginnings. Lists of resolutions and promises of doing things differently. I love the energy and hope of having a fresh start, the beauty of a clean slate. But we don’t have to wait for a new year. As children of God, we are not bound by worldly time. Although New Years is a time when we are more aware of new beginnings, every day has the same potential.

"The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." Lamentations 3:22, 23

What an amazing God we serve. A God who gives us the opportunity for a new start every day. A God of grace, who loves us where we are. A God of hope, who sees the beauty and potential in us. A God who is faithful, when life is unsure. A God who is unchanging, when the world waivers. A God who is merciful, when we are overwhelmed.

Today is a new day. Today is a day for a new beginning. Today is an opportunity to see God’s faithful love. What is going on in your life that you need to lay down before God and receive his mercy?

Heavenly Father, you are good. You are faithful. You are gracious. You are merciful. Thank you that you know the depths of me and love me anyway. Thank you that you will walk along side me as I lay down anything in my life that doesn’t glorify you; because I know Lord, that I can not do it by myself. Thank you that every day Is a new day with You. I love you sweet Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment