Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Verse for the Year

As the year comes to a close, and a new one is about to begin, many people have New Year's resolutions on their mind. While I have several goals for the upcoming year as well, my “verse for the year” is what is pressing on my heart.

I got the idea from a sweet friend. She begins seeking God as the year comes to a close, asking Him what truth from his word He would have for her for the upcoming year. I loved the idea! So I too began asking Him what verse He has for my life in 2012.

The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.” Proverbs 11:25 NLT

"In Hebrew, the word ‘generosity’ literally means to saturate with water, a symbol of life -- to overflow in a way that brings life to people." Amazing. Through giving, we can bring life to others. Not just through financial generosity, but by being generous with our time, with our prayers, with our wisdom.

As the new year approaches, I encourage you too to seek God. Enter 2012 expectant and ready for what God is going to do in you and through you. What is His verse for your upcoming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment